Saturday, March 1, 2014

Disney Princess Palace Pet Birthday Party

For my daughter's fifth birthday, she was set on pink. In her opinion everything at the party needed to be pink and everyone needed to wear pink. The only problem was that half of the people she was inviting were boys so we settle on a lot of pink, but  not all pink. The new princess palace pets have been all the rage in our house since the app came out last year, and she has gotten several of them over the last few holidays, so she decided she wanted to have a palace pet party. I loved this idea because I could use some of the Disney princess stuff we have seen at the store but still make her party unique!

For most of the printed material I used a picture of the palace pets and added a border and wording to it. I used this for the invitation, gift table sign, treat table sign, and welcome sign for the front door.


I made two banners for her on my silhouette. The first one was a simple Happy 5th Birthday banner with the palace pet horses on each end.


And the second was a photo banner with a picture of each year of her life. I used a roll of tulle to hang across my mantel and tied bows at each end. I then printed pictures of the palace pets and the number 0-5 on cardstock and glued each one to the front of a clothes pin. I spaced all of these along the tulle and hung the corresponding pictures on each one. I love this idea of a banner your young kids and will probably start doing it at every party for them. I always forget they can't even read their birthday banner's yet, so this was a great banner that she loved looking at and knew what all the numbers meant!


For the treat table, I made pink tissue paper balls to hang around the light. I got some cupcake stands from Michael's and put all of the girls palace pets on them and around the table. I also put a few of the clip dress Disney princesses on the table as well.  I used Disney princess napkins I found at target.


For snacks, we had pink glazed popcorn, fruit cups, Disney princess cookies (found them at Toy'r'us) and pink heart marshmallows. 


I made a six inch cake for her with pink frosting roses all around it with a tiara on top.


For her cupcakes, I made princess palace pet cupcake toppers with my silhouette and of course more pink frosting!


For games and activities, we had a Disney princess pinata (see above in table pictures), I bought foam tiara's for the girls and cut crowns out of foam visors for the boys and gave the kids foam stars and letters to decorate them, and we played pin the tail on Bibbity. I cropped the tail off of a picture I had of Bibbity in Photoshop and glued cut out pieces of a boa to card stock circles for the tail.


Overall the kids seemed to have a good time and Emma loved her palace pet party!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. best pet insurance for dogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, we love you birthday ideas and are using them all. Can you help me with the innovations, maybe a little more in sight on how you did them. I am having so much trouble doing this.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete