Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Girly Diego Party

Emma was insistent on a Diego birthday when she turned 3. So I gave her a Diego birthday party but just girlied it up a little bit by adding hot pink and lots of animal print! She loved it because it was still Diego and I didn't feel like she would ask me in 10 years why I let her have a Diego birthday party when she was 3.


Animal Print Clothes Pin Birthday Banner



Baby Jaguar Birthday Cake - I had some major problems with the gel writer for the happy birthday wording, I am wishing that came out better. The zebra around the cake is a sugar sheet and the jaguar print on the topper is duct tape. The letters are wood and the baby jaguar was a nice extra gift for her birthday. I used a piece of Styrofoam for the topper and cut out poster board for the top and bottom of it so I could just pin all 4 of the stuffed animal feet into it and the pipe cleaner just poked right through.

For the games, we played a pin the spot on baby jaguar I found on the Nick Jr website and I created bingo cards with several of the animals they frequently have on Go Diego Go. 


   
For the party favors I made ears and tails for each kid there. We had zebras, lions, and giraffes!



Lion food tray! This was a huge tray (in fact, I realized the morning of that I did not have a tray large enough, so I had to cover a piece of plywood with aluminum foil to cover it all), but it was great because of the selection in it. It had cheese and sausage around the outside to eat on the crackers and carrots, broccoli tomatoes and black olives to eat with the ranch dressing cheeks! I served this with fruit kabobs and it was plenty of food for the 20+ people there to snack on.

I had also planned on cutting out serveral big leaves and making vines through our house but I ran out of time not realizing how big of project the ears and tails would be so that will have to wait for another party!



No comments:

Post a Comment